Monday, May 10, 2010

Just Something I Whipped Up...

I picked up a few T's for my niece at the store. I didn't know what I wanted to do with them, but I definitely wanted to use up some scrapes! I had a pink long-sleeve shirt that had some small holes towards the bottom. So I cut off the sleeves to make it short sleeve. With the part cut off I made some ruffles and sewed it around the neckline. The bottom ruffle was a little off center and it was driving me crazy! I had two choices: remove the bottom ruffle and try sewing it on again, or adding another design to cover up the mistake. I opted to create something to cover up the mistake. I didn't want to chance re-sewing the ruffle because my luck the same thing would happen again! I created this cute flower out of the same fabric and attached it. I hope it holds up in the wash!!!
Here's a close up.
And another ruffled collar. This is left over from another project. I sewed two stripes together on three sides, leaving one short side open to turn. I slip-stitch the end closed and sewed down the middle with a long straight stitch to create the ruffles. Then sewed it on the shirt. I think it will be adorable on the little princess.

Here's another Twirly Skirt I made from two fat quarters. Wal-Mart sells these fat quarters for a $1 and they have some cute designs. The shirt I bought and appliqued the circles on.
Then I made a shirt for the little guy so he can match his 'lil sis. There were some scraps left over, believe it or not so I used it for the tie. I love how this tie turned out! I think it is so cute!

And here is the matching duo:

Have a great day!

5 comments:

~L~ said...

very cute and simple!
I'd love to have this linked to my weekly link party "Make my Style Mondays"

www.avidaccents.blogspot.com

Ashlee Marie said...

I like the ruffles! I just got a ruffler and have had so much fun with it!

Unknown said...

How adorable! I love the little tie shirt.

I'm from new F.F.

Unknown said...

I love these! What cute shirts. I wish I knew how to sew!

Stopping by via New Friend Friday!

Debbie said...

These are amazing. You are so talented!