Thursday, January 7, 2010

Still Slacking...

I am still slacking. I have been very busy with different crafts and thankfully lots of January birthdays! So not much has slowed down since the holidays. A few things have changed since the last post. We are now in the process of buying a house. It is a foreclosure and we are getting a great deal on it. We found out about it a few days after we moved into the rental! So, still living out of boxes. Thankfully, both of our parents are in town so we can mooch off of them for supper and we don't have to eat out every night. No way am I unpacking all the kitchen stuff just to pack it back up in a few weeks! Hopefully, when we get moved into our new house I will be more diligent.

Now that Christmas is over I can share some of the things I was making for gifts! Remember this lovely fabric? (And now they have a brown and teal! I am trying to figure out how to incorporate it in our new house!)




It's now a new addition to the in-laws lake house. I made some reversible placemats and cloth napkins.
Unfortunately, I did not have time to finish everything. I have to make six more placemats and napkins and a table runner. Hopefully, I will get these done before my MIL's birthday! I also made this luscious dish towel. I can't wait to make some more of these for my house! It's a great way to use up some scrapes.





These are super easy to make. I sewed each section together sewing right sides together. On the wrong side, iron down the seam, separating the fabric. Then sew one long side, right side together. Iron the side that was sewn. Fold over and iron and pin the remaining three sides. Topstich the remaining sides and the side already sewn. Your done! So simple and very cute!

More to come, hopefully soon! Take care and stay warm!

No comments: