Friday, October 23, 2009

What to do with all those scrapes?

If you are anything like me, you have a stash of scrapes like this:
and these:

I hate throwing things away! When I started this stash, I had no idea what I would use some of these pieces for! But I had faith that some creative person out there would have the answer! Well, I am thrilled that I was patient and waited to find the perfect purpose for these pieces and did not throw them out! I have been using them to make these:

There are two different ways to make these cute fabric flowers. You can use long, slender stripes of fabric or circles. I have a lot of fabric of both so I have been doing a mixture or each. Here is a tutorial for the stripes of fabric and here is one for the circles. I will say you don't have to have a perfect circle for the second tutorial. I had a square piece and just rounded off the edges and it worked fine. That will save a little bit of time.

There are endless possibilities for these cute assessories! You can make a bow, a pin, add it to gifts, etc. Check out the baby wipes case below. I just hot glued them on. It looks very impressive, but yet its so easy!

No comments: