Friday, August 14, 2009

Another 1st!!!

Appliqueing!!! This is just one more thing that I have been wanting to try for a while. I often put off trying new things and techniques because I am such a perfectionist that I don't want to mess up and not be able to fix it. But I am learning that I have to start somewhere and practice makes near perfection. So my sister has been the "guinna pig" for most of my new sewing endeavors, or at least her daughter. The applique part was super easy; however, I do need to practice on sewing the border. At least from a distance you can't tell where the flaws are!

I have two adorable 3 year old nieces. These pink shirts are going to them! I hope they will come in handy this fall.
My sister has two girls and a boy. Now the two girls have semi-matching shirts! I know Hannah will think they are "cute" as she says it in her southern draw.

And the final one!! I think is so cute. I know it isn't even Halloween yet, but I had to make this one. It is made from some fabric I had left from the Christmas apron. I think it serves a good purpose. This is for the newest addition for my sister's fam. I think she will sport it quit well!

We don't have a printer so these letters were hand drawn. I just found some cute fonts online that I wouldn't be able to do free-hand. So I am sure there are going to be some more appliqueing going on with cuter fonts! More to come....

No comments: