Thursday, August 13, 2009

My First Re-fashion!!!

After looking at other re-fashion projects, I started looking through my closet. I found this skirt that I probably only wore once, and that was the Thursday before my wedding to our wedding kickoff party/surprise birthday party for my parents. I am proud to say that it still fits (or did before the re-fashion!). So I saw this in my closet:


And immediately thought of the super cute Kirstin skirts. Like this one found here. And by the way, I can't wait to make one of these too.

So with that inspiration I created this:

Too bad my adorable neice isn't here to model. It is not very different from the original and is not as bunchy as the Kirstin skirt, but I think it will be adorable on her. I removed the zipper from the back and sewed it back up. I added button holes (my first time doing those and I was pretty impressed!) and made a hem for the ribbon to go through. I can't wait to see it on her. Kris, its coming your way soon! I want to see pics!

No comments: