Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's about time...

Sometimes I find myself procrastinating and I don't know why. I started on this project (if that's even what you want to call it) several months ago. All I had left to do was sew a hem in the bottom and I would be done! Sounds very simple and it was! I don't know why I waited so long. The funny thing is, the more I thought about it, the more I put it off. Well today I finally tackled it. I used the tutorial found here to make this sewing machine cover.


The tutorial is super easy and should only take about an hour. Now I need to make one of these to match. Who knows how long it will be until I do this one!

The fabric I used was left over from making these cushions:

These chairs were my grandmother's and had a very dated fabric on them. So I fixed that! I think they turned out pretty good. This was my first big sewing project. Our dog decided to use the wood as a chew toy when he was a puppy so it needs sanding down and the edges need rounding off. I wanted to stain them a different color anyway so its not too big of a deal that he chewed on it. Thankfully he has learned from that and he doesn't chew on furniture anymore! Now to decide what color stain to use! I don't know if I will be able to.

No comments: